Daily Updates

Author Topic: Daily Updates  (Read 300969 times)

KellyD20Studios

• Marketing & Community Manager, D20Studios
  • Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
Re: Daily Updates
« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2018, 11:42:36 AM »
Male Characters

We recently featured some of our playable women Summoners Fate characters. Now meet some of our playable men. Can you spot some NEW characters? :)

Which would you fill your army with?

We will have 200+ characters available to play as in Summoners Fate. These are divided between humans, humanoids, animals, creatures, summons, and undead. We've made a special effort to strive for diversity and equality so all gamers can feel included and find the band of heroes that best reflects the gamer's goals! ;D

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2018, 10:46:02 AM »
Sunday Sketch
Sunday's Sketch is our Steamclock Sentinel!

A little about this new playable character in development: when summoned, the Sentinel travels to the past. In game, this will work by rewinding to the start of your opponent's turn, giving them the opportunity to replay it, except now there's a giant robot in their way.

A fun, powerful character, and a blast for those of you who enjoy time spells. What do you think?

To check out our other Steampunk characters, click here.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 10:48:56 AM by KellyD20Studios »

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2018, 12:23:13 PM »
Today's GameDev
Today Ross is beginning the exciting task of building multiplayer!  ;D

He is using PlayerIO for this, and learning how to use their services. As he built multiplayer for our last turn-based strategy game Hero Mages, he is confident in his ability to get this done smoothly.

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2018, 09:24:42 AM »
New Horror Character
Do you know that feeling when you're home alone, but swear someone is there? Or that dark figure you sense is in the room just as you are trying to fall asleep? Do you know why the hairs stand up on the back of your neck?!

It's because of the Shadow, our newest addition to our Horror race. This character will be fun to control on the battlefield to horrify your opponent; however, make sure to leave the Shadow in your game and don't let it get in your head...it specializes in sleep paralysis and night terrors!

This character was the Summoners Fate Newsletter exclusive first look from February. To make sure you don't miss the next first look, sign up for the newsletter here.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 09:28:00 AM by KellyD20Studios »

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2018, 10:24:18 AM »
1st Look - Multiplayer
(From Ross) Here's a first look at the multiplayer development for Summoners Fate. Yesterday, I spent the day studying the API documentation for PlayerIO. Today, I successfully connected two clients together in a match and got interactions communicating between clients. So far, just over 100 lines of client code and 100 lines of server code added to achieve this.

I took this video quickly on my phone of my computer screen, so excuse the "roughness" of it.

What do you think so far?

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2018, 08:18:10 AM »
Vote Now
Which icon sketch for "Cleansing Fire" card do you think is best - 1 or 2?

This card will deal 3 damage to an enemy or remove all negative status effects on an ally Chaos unit and restore their attributes.

The concept we told our amazing artists was our Red Imp happily bathing in fire and lava, with a little scrub brush going on.  ;D

Scribe

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2018, 11:08:58 PM »
I vote for number 2, as in my opinion it shows more clearly what is going on.

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2018, 07:11:03 AM »
I vote for number 2, as in my opinion it shows more clearly what is going on.

Thank you for your vote, Scribe!

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2018, 10:27:16 AM »
Multiplayer Progress + Video!
(From Ross) On day 4 of multiplayer development, I've added the following: 1) Player assignment - The game will now assign you your personal team and deck you've constructed when you join the match. 2) Animation Queue - Although you can normally play as fast as you like and the game will jump animations to keep up with your speed, it's important for your opponent to be able to see and understand each action you've made. The  client will now delay each animation until complete so each move can be viewed in sequential order. 3) Reflected starting positions - As the single player mode always has the player moving from top to bottom (easiest access for controls) I've adapted the map so that it will rotate so that your team always starts on the bottom next to your cards. This functionality also works with landscape. Whichever direction you're normally used to attacking, the game will maintain that regardless of turn order in multiplayer.

For the multiplayer server, I'm using PlayerIO.

Note: This time I decided to use a screen capture software to record the video. I assure you the slow frame rate/choppiness is due to the capture software, not the game, which is running at 60FPS on both clients. I'll look into a better solution for future videos.

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2018, 10:09:20 AM »
Continuing Multiplayer Skeleton Battle Finale

Did you enjoy the video we posted yesterday showcasing the progress of the multiplayer? Curious how that battle ended?

For those who were curious how the multiplayer battle with Druid vs. Liche King turned out, here's the outcome!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2018, 08:14:48 AM »
Sunday Sketches
Happy Sunday! We've been collaborating with our awesome artists on some really fun and strategic cards to add to our Summoners Fate deck. Our goal is to not just create "filler" spells, rather it is to make sure each card feels useful, valuable, and makes YOU feel like a badass mage!

That being said, here are a couple we're working on this week:

About this upcoming cards:

UNUSUAL SIZE
> Nature Spell
> Surprise: When target unit is attacked, they get +2/+2. If they are an animal, +3/+3.

MANA LOAN
The bill always comes due...
> Celestial Spell
> Generate 3 mana. You do not generate mana on your next turn.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 04:51:05 PM by KellyD20Studios »

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 19, 2018, 08:37:02 AM »
Monday Motivation
Some Monday motivation, brought to you by our playable Armored Squirrel  ;D

Screenshot
Fun to get a screenshot right as the enemy's Banshee looked up to scream! Also, can you spot our new Wolf Spider?

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 20, 2018, 01:10:48 PM »
Spring Equinox
To celebrate today being the first day of Spring 8), here's a mockup of a level to showcase some of our plant and animal elements, along with our new Summoner Botanical Sage (click on the hyperlink to learn more about her.) Notice some FX we've added so far: the butterfly flying, the swaying trees, and the characters idle animations - my favorite being the Carniflower's snake-like movement.

Characters pictured, left to right: Red Ant, Treant, Squirrel, another Squirrel, Botanical Sage, Carniflower, Cat, a 3rd Squirrel, Bramble Elemental, and Giant Yellowjacket

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2018, 09:15:56 AM »
Steamclock Sentinel
Summoners Fate will be the first tactical CCG to incorporate Time Travel mechanics. For the strategist, this will make your gaming extra fun & wonderfully manipulative  ;)

Introducing the latest member of Timekeeper faction, our Steamclock Sentinel (See his original sketch here). When he's summoned, he travels back in time to the start of your opponents last turn to wreak havoc on the past and give you an advantage in the present. Learn about our time mechanics and characters here.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 12:58:28 PM by KellyD20Studios »

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 22, 2018, 08:04:00 AM »
Classic Character Joins Summoners Fate
She's deadly, she's frightening, she's side-winding over to you!  :-[

Meet our Medusa! For those of you unfamiliar with this Gorgon, Medusa is typically described in Greek mythology as a human woman with deadly snakes for hair. All who gazed upon her turned to stone. Fortunately for our Summoners Fate opponents, she is mortal, although definitely not easy to defeat!

In our Summoners Fate dimension, Medusa moves as a snake as well. We've also equipped her with a special bow-and-arrow in the shape of interlocking snakes, making her lethal force from across the battlefield. When she looks up at you, she sticks out her serpent tongue.

What do you think? Would you like to add this quintessential fabled creature to your deck?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:46:45 PM by RossD20Studios »