Daily Updates

Author Topic: Daily Updates  (Read 301111 times)

KellyD20Studios

• Marketing & Community Manager, D20Studios
  • Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
Re: Daily Updates
« Reply #285 on: August 06, 2018, 06:44:05 PM »
Oh, Were You Working?
Cats like to let you know when it's time for a break  ;D

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 07, 2018, 06:54:41 PM »
Combo!
Check out this gameplay video with an awesome combo ending. Lining up those combos and utilizing your characters' auto counter attacks makes for some great strategic victories! Watch:

« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 06:57:59 PM by KellyD20Studios »

RossD20Studios

• Founder & Game Developer, D20Studios
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 08, 2018, 06:11:10 PM »
Today, I was continuing work on the deck builder UI and realized I needed a better starting point to access the actual deck builder interface and a way to separate other card related functions. Keeping with the theme of immersing the game menu within the game engine itself, I thought it would be interesting to try a sub-menu where the map zooms in to the respective component (in this case the card tortoise) and create simple contextual buttons  to access specific items. Here's how it might look. Keep in mind that the last image is just a quick placeholder mockup I spliced in, and we'll have an appropriate art driven UI for the final as well as the tortoise continuing to animate. Let me know what you think!

« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 06:27:11 PM by KellyD20Studios »

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 09, 2018, 07:02:06 PM »
Hey guys - Today I got the deck editor interface hooked up in the game and had some fun making some rather interesting custom decks. New functionality includes the ability to create new custom decks, delete custom decks, and select custom deck as your playable team.

Here's a screenshot of the WIP:

« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 07:02:41 PM by KellyD20Studios »

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 10, 2018, 09:29:22 AM »
We're excited to announce that Summoners Fate has been selected to showcase at Pax West 2018 in Seattle with IndieMEGABOOTH! Another chapter begins in our indie development journey:

Check out our IndieMEGABOOTH page here: https://indiemegabooth.com/project/summoners-fate/

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 11, 2018, 05:49:03 PM »
Thank You!
Thank you for the outpouring of support and thumbs up from our gamers about our announcement yesterday. We are getting things prepared to unveil Summoners Fate at PAX West, and hope to meet some of you in person. More details to come!  :D

GameDev
Today Ross worked on the deck builder. Check out some progress posts here, here and here.

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 13, 2018, 07:04:26 PM »
Giant Stag Beetle in Action
It's no secret that the Insectoids are one of my favorite races of Summoners Fate. We may be adding some exciting changes to this race to make them even more unique. In the meantime, check out the animation feature for one of my favorites, the Giant Stag Beetle:

Learn more about this creepy crawler here.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 07:06:16 PM by KellyD20Studios »

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 14, 2018, 07:10:07 PM »
Fight!
All the remains after the bloody battle is the Orc Chief versus the Dreadnought Titan. Who shall emerge victorious?...

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 15, 2018, 07:37:42 PM »
Today's development update: Continued progress on the deck builder system. It never ceases to amaze me just how much work it takes to get these user interface components just right, especially when overloading the controls for multiple functions. For example: swiping right/left flips through your pages of cards, but there's also a gesture to drag the card to your deck. Fine tuning these things so they feel intuitive and flow with the user's intentions is a delicate art of micro tweaks, rebuilding, and testing constantly. Considerations for desktop must also be made: more precision sensitivity, additional next page/prev page controls. Finally, one very interesting observation I've made is the need to change the layout of the portrait controls. While it's intuitive to place navigation at the top (when you're on a desktop or playing in landscape), it's incredibly difficult to build decks with one hand with essential controls at the top of device. I aim to solve that tomorrow and show some screenshots and a possible video.

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 16, 2018, 07:52:41 PM »
Progress on Summoners Fate deck builder continues, I should be ready to put that video demo together tomorrow.

For today, I'd like to share a fellow RPG tactics indie developer's game that just released on Steam Early Access called Fell Seal, Arbiter's Mask. Like us, 6EyesStudio is a husband and wife team, also ex-EA, and also creating a tactical RPG... crazy, right?! Their game is shaping up quite nicely and as we're all tactics fans here, you should definitely check it out!

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mask
https://store.steampowered.com/app/699170/Fell_Seal_Arbiters_Mark/

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 17, 2018, 07:24:43 PM »
IndieMEGABOOTH just launched the montage trailer for PAXWest18. We'll be showcasing Summoners Fate with a group of over 75 indie games and developers across 17 different countries.

Here's our spot in the montage, replay to see the other awesome games we'll be with!

We'll be showcasing on Sunday September 2nd and Monday September 3rd from 10AM-6PM in the MINIBOOTH. If you're in Seattle, stop by and meet with us!

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 20, 2018, 12:22:56 PM »
Here's the video I promised showing the development progress on the deck builder interface:

What's unique about our Deck Builder interface is how we support multiple platforms in both landscape and portrait mode orientations. One of the more interesting discoveries I made while play testing on device was the need to reposition the navigation UI in portrait mode. Traditionally, navigation UI appears at the top of screen, but, when using your device with one hand, it's impossible to navigate effectively because the thumb cannot reach the top.

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 24, 2018, 11:18:19 AM »
Curious about what goes into preparing a game to show at a convention?

Learn how we're preparing to showcase Summoners Fate at PAX with Indie MEGABOOTH in my latest devlog: https://summonersfate.com/forums/index.php?topic=56.msg618;boardseen#new

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 26, 2018, 02:21:16 PM »
Sunday Spell
Today's featured card is Gravity Well:

With this card, you can pull all enemies towards target space anywhere on the board. As you can imagine, this can be used in combination with something like a fireball card that can do maximum damage when all the enemies are close together. It can also keep a scared opponent from running away  ;)

Learn more about other Arcane deck spells here.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 07:08:10 PM by KellyD20Studios »

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 28, 2018, 05:32:00 PM »
Look What Arrived!
Look what arrived today!

These will be our giveaway cards for this weekend's PAXWest. What do you think?

Read more about our setup and showcase preparations in Ross's latest DevLog here.