Daily Updates

Author Topic: Daily Updates  (Read 301000 times)

KellyD20Studios

• Marketing & Community Manager, D20Studios
  • Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
Re: Daily Updates
« Reply #255 on: July 03, 2018, 05:28:46 PM »
Thank You!
We've had an influx of new players to our Forum community! To all those who are new to joining and visiting our forums - welcome! We invite feedback, quips, conversation, and ideas for game aspects always. Also, I recommend your Subscribe to our Daily Updates so you don't miss any. Here are the instructions.

To our current gamers here - you guys ROCK!  8) Thanks for continuing to support us and building a fun community.

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 04, 2018, 09:12:59 AM »
Independence Day
Happy 4th of July from our Red, White (Frost) and Blue Dragons!

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 05, 2018, 04:21:01 PM »
Listening to Early Access Feedback on Spike Rules
Early Access players have expressed confusion on the triggering of spike traps. One concern has to do with knockback. Players expect a character with knockback to cause a unit to take damage when being hit into a spike (makes sense right?) but the issue with the game was that the spikes wouldn't actually trigger damage unless the unit changed position during the knockback (ex: a character was knocked back to a new position that was next to a spike).

The second issue players had was confusion over spikes triggering damage when a character was pushed on a space next to spikes, but not directionally into the spikes. This was happening because the game trigger only checked for "enter position next to spikes". Ross has addressed the feedback by adding calculations to determine the force angle. Now, spikes will only deal damage if the unit is pushed directionally into the spikes.

Here's an older video that contains some of the old ways of spike damage. We'll update with a new one soon!

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 06, 2018, 07:19:43 PM »
Dog Day of Summer

It has been quite HOT here in Utah the past week, and so I thought I'd bring our our resident "dog day of summer" - our Hellhound Puppy!  8)

Have a great Friday night, and hopefully you all have some fun gaming tonight!

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 07, 2018, 05:16:43 PM »
Shocking!
One of my favorite Elementals is our Lightning Elemental:

Learn more about it, as well as some of our other Elementals and Golems here.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 05:25:11 PM by KellyD20Studios »

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 09, 2018, 01:45:02 PM »
Choose Wisely
Where should the Skeleton Warrior move? Make your choice...  ;D

Click here to let us know where YOU think it should go!

« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 02:17:44 PM by KellyD20Studios »

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 10, 2018, 07:44:19 PM »
Ice Bomb/Spike Block/Crystal Golem Combo!
Fun action sequence from a recent game played. This sequence was possible because the Ice Bomb (which currently has fire placeholder art  ;)) spell cast by Zenon the Arch Mage has Knockback, causing Li the Pyromancer to go flying into the spikes:

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 11, 2018, 07:03:11 PM »
GameDev Update
From Ross: Rounding out the fixes in version 0.25.1, I'm responding to player feedback regarding the undead's ability to steal life from their opponent. Previously, the Liche King would steal life equal to the damage dealt (in this case three) regardless of the target's remaining life. Players felt it was hard to conceive how the Liche King could steal 3 life from a 1/1 squirrel (point taken) and that it was especially out of context for effect to steal life when damaging armor. I wanted to address these concerns without our undead fans feeling the Liche King was being nerfed. The answer: I made him more powerful (albeit in a different way) while removing the perceived exploits and keeping him within context of his abilities. First, I made it so that life steal can only drain up to the maximum power of the attack or remaining life of the victim (whichever is smaller). Then, to address the armor, I gave him the Pierce ability which has a twofold effect of depleting all armor AND disarming block. So, instead of stealing life from the armor, the Liche King now cuts through it, getting to taste the sweet sweet lifeforce within.

See both changes in action within this video. Also notice that I have added a separate smaller blue number indicator to distinguish damage to armor from damage to life.

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 12, 2018, 07:53:22 PM »
Take THAT, Skeleton Legion!
Check out how Li the Pyromancer levels the playing field against the Skeleton horde with the Conflagration spell!

(Note: those were MY skeletons  ???)

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 13, 2018, 03:33:05 PM »
Prepare for Battle, Early Access iOS Players!
We are excited to announce the rollout of v0.25.1 for Summoners Fate early access players. In this second release of our Early Access Build, we've added support for iOS, addressed nearly all of the received player feedback, and fixed all known app crashes and reported bugs.

Read more about this rollout in our latest Kickstarter update.

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 14, 2018, 07:52:05 PM »
Druid & Her Animal Army
Here's a recent screenshot during a battle with an early access gamer (name removed for privacy). As you can see, the Chat feature adds to the fun  8)

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 16, 2018, 09:19:38 AM »
Engage Hyperspeed!
Watch as Albirich the Fighter Mage casts "Hyperspeed" on the Bard, enabling her to double her move distance and take out Zenon the Arch Mage:

« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 09:21:32 AM by KellyD20Studios »

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 17, 2018, 02:19:57 PM »
New! Dev Log 5 Available to Read
We’ve discussed and shared a lot about the characters, cards and tactical gameplay aspects of Summoners Fate. Now, I’d like to share more about our single player and metagame experience and how our approach sets us apart from other tactics card game and RPG experiences.

Click here to continue reading Ross's newest Dev Log about the metagame of Summoners Fate!

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 18, 2018, 06:28:41 PM »
Discord
Are you looking for more real-time interaction? Make sure you join our Summoners Fate Discord here! Ross has been sharing some updates there, check it out and chat with the game creator.  8) 

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 19, 2018, 01:46:49 PM »
Single Player Update
Today's single player development update: Ross got the game to dynamically configure and store procedurally generated levels as data that can be loaded/restored in future session.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 01:55:17 PM by KellyD20Studios »