Introduce Yourself Here

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself Here  (Read 41491 times)

RossD20Studios

• Founder & Game Developer, D20Studios
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Introduce Yourself Here
« on: November 03, 2017, 07:46:10 PM »
Welcome to the Summoners Fate Community!
Please introduce yourself here 8)

What brings you to Summoners Fate? What games do you enjoy? What do you do for a living? What are you most looking forward to with your time here? Tell us about yourself and receive a warm welcome from our community :D

----------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Ross, and it's a pleasure to meet you! I'm founded D20Studios and created Summoners Fate so that I could share my passion for tactics, strategy, CCG's, boardgames and fantasy RPGs with you! I will in love with video games growing up and watching my older brothers games like Tower of Doom and Advanced Dungeons & Dragons on the Intellivision. Some of my favorite games include the Dark Sun Series D&D PC Games Shattered Lands and Wake of the Ravager, Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo Series, Elder Scrolls Series, Battlefield (especially 2142 and Bad Company 2), Warhammer tabletop (Fantasy & 40K), and Magic the Gathering.

My first published game, Hero Mages, began in 2006 as a physical tabletop board game that I converted to digital at the encouragement of my friend, Torsten, and released as an online browser-based game in 2009. Two years later, I re-launched Hero Mages as a cross-platform multiplayer app for Android and iOS. Hero Mages was a success because of its awesome community. After, I went to work for EA as an engineer manager and producer so I could learn how to better build its successor... Summoners Fate! With this game, my aim is to run a continuous service of "community driven development" where the future of the game is shaped by your ideas and feedback and delivered by me via regular content updates. So, stay awhile, and I will listen. Hears to years of quality entertainment together!  ;D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 08:41:46 PM by RossD20Studios »

KellyD20Studios

• Marketing & Community Manager, D20Studios
  • Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 02:08:34 PM »
Hi! My name is Kelly Przybylski, and I work at D20Studios in marketing. I am also Ross's wife. I like coffee with way too much cream, I listen to disco music while working, and the character I played in Diablo was the Witch Doctor. Excited to be here!  ;)

Sides

• Sides
  • Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself Here
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 11:34:08 AM »
Hello!

My name is Chris Sides, and long time gamer/person in the industry. I Started playing NES with my parents when I was < 1 years old, and I haven't looked back.

I'm actually pretty new to the tactics genre (I've played FF Tactics, and that's about it), but I'm excited to learn more about the genre and the community.

I'm currently obsessed with Super Mario Odyssey, WoW, just hit Champ in Rocket League (I play way too much), and whatever the flavor of the month is (Destiny 2, CoD WW2, Battlefront 2, etc.)

LordGek

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 06:42:16 PM »
Hey Gang,

This is Lord Gek here, a huge fan of CCGs and Roguelikes, so a game that can combine them well definitely has my interest.

Something I hope this game will have is something like my favorite aspects of some of the better Mystery Dungeon games.  That is an arena or dungeon where each time you enter you'll only start with a very basic deck and need to build it up from scratch to then see how deep or far into the tournament you can make it in the game.  Once finally defeated, the game will preserve the record of your best runs (at the very least locally and separate for each class/difficulty).

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 09:07:04 PM »
Welcome, Sides! Champ in Rocket League, wow! Congrats. And NES at 1 year? Now that's a born gamer.

LordGek of the Lizards, welcome to our community! I haven't personally played the Mystery Dungeon games, but your description certainly has me excited. It reminds me of the greater rifts in Diablo 3 (which I was obsessed with) combined with deck building instead of character build gear. I can imagine an entire game mode around survival within endless dungeon/arena mode like you describe and I look forward to your feedback as we build it.

swedishbear

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 05:02:42 AM »
Hi all!
Swedishbear here!
I'm a gamer since early days, my first digital game was ping pong on atari. Yep, I'm old but not in mind :) .
Love strategy games, card games and Rpg's...
Summoners fate can really be great!

Digitalblacksmith

• Elite
  • Deez Nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 07:38:36 AM »
Greetings!
I started playing games...well I remember when the NES came out and begged for one for Christmas.  Once we got one I joined a generation who would head to the game store on a Friday and rent 1-2 games then spend the weekend loosing feeling in my legs trying to beat everything.
I love games where I can build a character, Built to Win was my first experience at being able to improve a character. However, PC gaming was always my favorite, in the 90s I bought a game called Baulders Gate on CD ROM! so cool...games on CD....I bought it because of the box and the screenshots on the back were out of this world.  I fell in love with the series immediately.
Since then I have gravitated towards strategy games that are open world and let me explore the possibilities.
Hero Mages I discovered on accident just like Baulders Gate,  it was the app of the day on Amazon and I started playing...then I got my friends to play...then we got addicted to the anticipation of what would happen next and getting that notification that it was "Your turn"...or a notice that the game had ended and wondering how the heck your buddy pulled off a win.  Needless to say I loved async play.  HM was the only mobile app game I have stuck with over the years.
I am very excited for Summoners fate and look forward to seeing the game grow.

Gundam0518

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 12:16:23 PM »
Greetings all! I am probably the oldest in the group as you will see from my past. I got into the gaming world when I bought my fist print D&D set. From there I played everything. SSI gold box PC games on my Commodore 64 on floppies.

Loved everything Games Workshop including Talisman, Dungeonquest and painting Citidel figures.

I have played almost every RPG from Zelda and Final Fantasy on console to Might and Magic and Baldur’s gate.

I am also a huge Marvel fan and have every Spider-man comic from number 3 and up. I have about 30,000 comics in my collection.

From an app perspective, I hate pay to win and ridiculaous stamina meters. Played way to many games where you get 20 stamina and each level takes 5.

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 01:03:37 PM »
@Swedishbear - I'm just a console generation away from the Atari myself, with my first digital experience being on the Intellivision. You're more than welcome here with us!

@DigitalBlacksmith - Hailing from the classic PC RPGs and returning from Hero Mages itself? Welcome back! You're absolutely right about async - seeing how your friends responded to your last turn is such a joy and I'm excited to bring this feature back in Summoners Fate.

@Gundam0518 - It doesn't matter to anyone here what your age is, and especially not with your rich gaming history! My goodness, we could bump into each other and strike up a conversation for hours with games and hobbies you've listed. I'm with you 100% - I hate pay to win and artificial mechanics. They give mobile games a bad rep and I believe there is a better way. Quality games come from listening and caring about the players.

Maltross

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 01:26:51 PM »
Hey guys, my name is Daniel Cordial. I am a D&D geek from when it wasn't even cool. (I've always thought it was anyway)
Played Hero Mages a lot back in the day, and cannot wait to see this game grow and play it as well. Always had a really great community behind it, and amazing Devs that will listen to suggestions and respond when you ask questions. Thanks for this opportunity to keep playing this type of game I love.

I also forgot to list the types of games I play. Anything really, mostly look for fantasy/sci fi elements and I love tactics and colony building and...well ok everything. Lately, I find i'm horrible at platformers, since I'm an old man now, so I have picked up some mega man recently to try and polish up those skills.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 01:31:46 PM by Maltross »

BEAST

• Elite
  • going full BEAST mode
    • View Profile
    • Chicago Nerf Wars
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 01:53:33 PM »
Hello.  I'm a long time fan of D20studios.  I've been playing heromages daily (username: markeski) while getting amped for Summoner's Fate's beta release (support the kickstarter at $50 or more to get in on that).

Ready to take names in this new game and stomp the leader board.

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 02:26:29 PM »
@Maltross - I recognized your handle right away from Hero Mages. It is so great to welcome you back, Daniel. I, too, love both fantasy & sci-fi and actually had a vision of Summoners Fate bridging the two genres at one point. The concept involved ancient aliens and lost technology now perceived as magic. While I ultimately went more traditional with the designs (because I wasn't sure how it would resonate) elements of this persist in many of the cards, particularly the Arcane magic.

@BEAST (all caps) You're certainly no stranger - welcome back, brother! Your support means so much and I still can't get over your love of Hero Mages as your genuine favorite game. I'm excited to see if Summoners Fate can top it. I know lots of players have enjoyed playing with you, and I look forward to having your gaming prowess help everyone in our community step up their game.

Caleb Cuzner

• Music Composer
    • View Profile
    • calebcuzner.com
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 08:29:49 PM »
Hello, I'm Caleb.

I used to be a game programmer years ago, and I would write background music for my own games. I eventually started writing music for other people's games and discovered that my true passion is in video game music instead of game programming. I have been writing game soundtracks since 2007 and just recently wrote my 1,000th composition. I am a big fan of trading card games such as Yu-gi-oh and Magic the Gathering. I'm a trombonist and didgeridooist and enjoy playing in performing groups. I have always liked video game adaptations of card games, so I am much intrigued by Summoner's Fate.

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 08:43:33 PM »
Welcome Caleb! I did not know that you were a didgeridooist - that is awesome! For the rest of the community, I'll have it known that Caleb submitted an amazing track in our recent music competition. We are happy to have you join us and teach us a thing or two with your CCG skills.

BEAST

• Elite
  • going full BEAST mode
    • View Profile
    • Chicago Nerf Wars
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2017, 07:16:28 AM »
[quote auth

@BEAST (all caps) You're certainly no stranger - welcome back, brother! Your support means so much and I still can't get over your love of Hero Mages as your genuine favorite game. I'm excited to see if Summoners Fate can top it. I know lots of players have enjoyed playing with you, and I look forward to having your gaming prowess help everyone in our community step up their game.
[/quote]

You like how I went with my exclusive Hell Hound pup for the avatar? You can tell I'm pretty excited about that.  ;D