Arcane vs. Nature

Poll

Which type of magic would you choose?

Arcane
Nature

Author Topic: Arcane vs. Nature  (Read 11707 times)

RossD20Studios

• Founder & Game Developer, D20Studios
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Arcane vs. Nature
« on: November 11, 2017, 06:15:21 PM »
Arcane vs. Nature

Today’s discussion topic is a “Which would you choose to play and why?” and to keep it simple, we’re focusing on two of the five magic schools in Summoners Fate: Arcane and Nature. Vote in the poll above and sound off in comments below.

Arcane magic is associated with the fundamental forces that define reality including gravity, materialization, and psychic energy. Long ago, an ancient race left relics of ancient texts and technology scattered across the world. Many of these relics were collected by the wizards of the Academy of Arcane Arts, where they study and use them to manipulate the fabric of existence. Arcane spells include abilities such as the manipulation of gravity, creation of forcefields, psychic attacks, and control of positioning on the board.

Nature magic is associated with the life energy of plants and animals, evolution and survival of the fittest. Druids, elf mages, and orc shamans alike draw upon nature magic in various ways: sometimes calling upon the earth and vegetation itself and sometimes from their inner life force to augment natural fighting abilities to superior status. Nature spells include abilities to buff units power and life, mutate and transform beings into other creatures, animate and multiply life and heal and restore balance.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 11:54:39 AM by RossD20Studios »

Scribe

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane vs. Nature
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 02:38:31 AM »
Ross, can you please clarify the "Grease" card? I'm not sure to understand the text.
For these kind of polls I always have a hard time choosing. Isn't the game about diversity and trying them all?  ;)
By the way, great card templates! They look awesome.

MarkD

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 04:42:24 PM »
Went with arcane more fits my natural tendencies in gaming. However it was a very tough choice once I saw polymorph lol.

Maltross

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 05:14:09 PM »
Yeah, I also love the card templates. I'm hyped about this game to no end. You guys do an amazing job of it.

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 05:49:04 PM »
Ross, can you please clarify the "Grease" card? I'm not sure to understand the text.
For these kind of polls I always have a hard time choosing. Isn't the game about diversity and trying them all?  ;)
By the way, great card templates! They look awesome.

Great question, I forget that the keywords aren't visible here. So "Vulnerability" causes you to receive extra damage from a source each time you take damage. Grease is inspired by a classic D&D combo: Cast grease to get the enemy oiled up. Then, light a fireball and watch them burn. After being hit with grease, you'll take 1 extra damage from everything, but 2 extra damage each time you get hit by fire.

I know...these polls are hard. You'll be able to try them all, just curious to learn what kinds of players we have if you had to pick only one. Thanks for the compliment on the card templates :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 05:50:38 PM by RossD20Studios »

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 05:52:14 PM »
Went with arcane more fits my natural tendencies in gaming. However it was a very tough choice once I saw polymorph lol.

I just changed the Polymorph from Arcane to Nature; it seemed more fitting for the Nature them, and Arcane can't have all the fun ;)

You need to pick out an avatar, there Mark. Profile -> Forum Profile. Over 140 to choose from, more to come soon ;)

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 05:53:15 PM »
Yeah, I also love the card templates. I'm hyped about this game to no end. You guys do an amazing job of it.

Thank you! I'm so excited to finally share the cards with you. For the longest time, it was all character art. The cards really start to show the gameplay personality.

swedishbear

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 10:03:02 PM »
Yeah, it´s a tough choice.
I would play with both  ;D
But if I must choose I choose nature because I´m a bear  ;)