Summoners Fate > Game Updates & News

Daily Updates

<< < (3/100) > >>

Scribe:
These rats are looking awesome! It'll be a completely different game play.
This brings a few ideas for additional cards.  ;)  I'll be posting in the corresponding thread.

KellyD20Studios:

--- Quote from: Scribe on November 14, 2017, 02:31:12 PM ---These rats are looking awesome! It'll be a completely different game play.
This brings a few ideas for additional cards.  ;)  I'll be posting in the corresponding thread.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Scribe - so happy you like them! I look forward to reading your card ideas  :D

KellyD20Studios:
Hello, all!

We've been getting some really fun and inventive suggestions for characters and spells in our Share Your Ideas board. Check them out, let us know what you think of the suggestions coming in, and leave some of your own!

Recently, Ross has been working on adapting the UI layout to better suit the needs of PC players. See the mock-up here and read his notes below:

Previously, he’d received feedback that the larger UI (scaled from mobile) was unpleasant. Here’s some of Ross’s notes on this new design for PC (and possibly iPad as well):

I've increased the playable grid space to 9x14, further reduced the UI size, and balanced the left and right sides by unwrapping the multi function buttons to reveal their other states up front (ex: replay and skip). Circular style is replaced with rectangles to better fit the interface. The non-playable grid area is shadowed around the edges. This is just a layout mock to show scale and placement. Artistically, I'm thinking it might be cool to have the blue UI bar itself be made out of stone, perhaps vegetation wrapped or inset with gold trim. The mana bar would need the mana symbol itself incased in some sort of decorative texture (perhaps a circular extension of the stone/ruins itself) and something to make the bar look more like glass tube/alchemy. I still like the idea of symbolic buttons (vs. text) for the four secondary functions - better for localization and artistically more interesting. End turn button - up for debate - that could be text since it's the most important function. Behind the cards, it might be nice to have some kind of decorative radial arc extending above the bar. There's room to support more cards here as well (for abilities that allow you to draw beyond three) by arranging them in a fan.

Thoughts?  ;)

(also, sneak peak at our new Frost Dragon on the battlefield!)

Finally, we wanted to draw attention again to our Gaming Podcast we did with the awesome guys over at The Chicago Gametrepreneur Show, where we discussed Summoners Fate, lessons learned, game mechanics, marketing, disco & more.

For iTunes: https://ow.ly/6jIz30gzJ2d (Ep. 26)
For Google Play: https://ow.ly/9mpL30gzJ57

RossD20Studios:
Hi everyone!

I'll be doing the daily updates today ;D

The Joy of Working Together

Many of you have suggested I talk more about our team. I was inspired by your encouragement and it's my pleasure to share this article I wrote about Kelly: Why Hiring My Wife was my Best Decision as an Indie Dev

Introducing the Celestial Steampunk Timekeeper Rats

In our Monday update, we shared some sketches of these wonderful creatures, and today I'm excited to share these beautiful full color renders that our art team graciously made a top priority. From left to right, we have the Time Bombardier, a ranged unit that can throw "time bombs" that damage and slow enemy movement, the Time Keeper, a powerful Summoner with the power to cast Celestial Time Spells, and the Time Warrior, a cunning melee fighter with hyper speed and lightning reflexes.

Here is a selection of some of the Celestial Time spells we've created so far. Time manipulation mechanics such as these are one of many unique innovations we aim to bring to the tactics and CCG genres. To learn more about Celestial Magic, the Steampunk Rats, and Time Spells, visit this forum post and join our discussion.

Reminder - Less than 48 hours left on our Kickstarter
There's still time left to support us and reach the Celestial Steampunk Timekeeper Rats Stretch goal!

RossD20Studios:
Less than 24 Hours Left on Kickstarter
With less than 24 hours now left on the campaign, I'd like to share a recent interview I did with Seth Burn for the Anime Herald that expresses in thorough, honest detail why Kelly and I are making this game, why we chose to do this Kickstarter, and just how important you, our community, are to us.

Read this Interview and Understand Why You and this Project are so Important to Us

"Ross Przybylski is a man with a story in his heart, and a game to share with the world."

"No one should ever wait to do what they want to do in their life because it could be over tomorrow. That was a gift [my dad] left me."

"There are more powerful things to strive for in life than money. For us, building this game and the positive community around it, creating a haven for fans of these genres to reconnect and share fun experiences – in any small bit that this helps make the world a more enjoyable place to be – that is something we are both proud to spend our lives doing."

Follow this link to read the full interview: https://www.animeherald.com/interview/tempting-ones-summoners-fate-anime-herald-talks-ross-przybylski/

Last Chance for Exclusive Rewards
Kelly and I have designed Summoners Fate as a community service that we aim to run for the next 10+ years. We are hoping this becomes akin to a hobby that you continue to enjoy well into the future, even as other games come and go. Because of this, I would like to call to your attention that our Kickstarter will be offering several exclusive reward opportunities that will not be available down the road. These rewards were carefully chosen as our way of saying "Thank you" to everyone who believed in us and pledged support during this Kickstarter.

While the Hellhound Puppy will be an obtainable character in the game (albeit, very rare and hard to come by) the opportunity to give your puppy a customized name that will appear on his card is a Kickstarter-only exclusive.

The Golden Dragon is a creature we created exclusively as a Kickstarter reward. This legendary character is a benevolent guardian dedicated to protecting mythic treasure, arcane spells, and other secrets. They are wise, ancient, and possess great mystical abilities. Kickstarter will be the only opportunity to obtain this exclusive card.

We are also offering the opportunity to design your own cards, be in the game as a playable character, and create your own custom dungeon that will become a location in the world for all players to explore - and you get the credit! I'd also like to call out that every reward tier contains all of the reward tiers below. For example, if you choose "Ravager of Fate", not only will you get to design your own custom boss character, you will also get to create a custom playable character in your likeness AND create a custom spell card (plus receive Golden Dragon, all of the bundled card rewards, etc.)

Thanks for being a valued part of our community!
Whether or not you've decided to support our Kickstarter, Kelly and I grateful to have you a part of our player community and value each of you for being a fan and supporter of our team and the games we make. Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version