Summoners Fate > Game Updates & News

Daily Updates

(1/100) > >>

KellyD20Studios:
Hey everyone!

Here is our first daily update, starting here on November 5, 2017! Hooray  8)

Our finished card border art! Here are 5 of our 6 card types. From left to right, they are Celestial, Void, Chaos, Arcane, and Nature. The one that is missing is Earthen, which is our Neutral card type. I will detail these further in a future post.

What do you think?

Sides:
Woohoo!

KellyD20Studios:

I'm so happy to announce we've been FUNDED in 13 days on Kickstarter! THANK YOU supporters! Ross and I are pumped! 

We have 10 days left in our Kickstarter, and are now looking toward our fun Stretch Goals. First one is adding a race of Celestial TimeKeeper Steampunk Ratmen race - so strange, it just has to work  ;D If you're a fan of Steampunk, time manipulation spells, "good" characters, and/or Rats, this is the Race you've been missing.

Click on the picture above to view our Kickstarter, and watch our trailer!

KellyD20Studios:
Hello!  ;D

We have a few daily updates for you today, so let's get right to them! First up....

This screenshot is inspired by one of our favorite miniature based board games. Here's a few clues to look for:
1. The staircase
2. The heroes in the party (3 out of 4 staple characters of this board game are shown)
3. The furniture

Can you guess which board game inspired this dungeon? Oh, and Ross says "Keep answer a secret if you took part in the Discord chat about this, but feel free to offer misleading clues"

Next up, Ross did an audio Podcast with The Chicago Gametrepreneur, and I joined in at the very end. It was a lot of fun, and they asked great questions, including what games we'd play if we were stuck on a desert island, what type of music we listen to when we work, and more! Check it out here:

Podcast - GooglePlay Click Here
Podcast - iTunes Click Here.

Finally, we have teased a bit about our Insectoid Race characters in the past. Here are some sketches:

As you can see, we have sketches of an Ant, Scorpion Wasp, Giant Yellowjacket, and a Mantis. These will be human sized, which is why were are referring to them as Insectoids vs. insects. Most of these will have flight ability, among other really fun powers.

We will go more in depth with the Insectoids tomorrow, including finished art and animations. Stay tuned!

KellyD20Studios:
Hello, Forum Members-

Well, this morning was a bit of a disappointment for Ross and me. We went to sleep last night being at 106% of our goal and getting our art prepared for our first Stretch Goal, the Celestial Steampunk Timekeeper Rats, and woke up to being below our goal at 92%. We were shocked and, honestly hurt, and upon doing further research, discovered a few large pledgers backed out without explanation. Sadly, it appears these "pledgers" were never true supporters and have done this same thing to other similar projects. We have contacted Kickstarter on the matter in hopes this won't happen to others like us. In the meantime, we decided we wanted to share this news with our supporters and fans of Summoners Fate so you can be part of our honest journey.

We've been overjoyed by the encouraging messages we've received from you guys! Please know we read each of them, and they truly mean a lot to Ross and me.

So - what now? Well, we are two pretty tenacious folks and we knew the startup life was not going to be an easy one. We are even more determined to make the Kickstarter a success with our 8 days left, and still have quite big plans for our game!

One of those big plans is what we alluded to yesterday - an Insectoid race! These are insects that are quite large and humanoid in their actions. Here's a "glamour shot" of some of them:

Don't they look...cute and creepy?! LOL, that's a bit what we were going for. Fun Fact: Ross really likes insects, and knew he wanted to get them into our game as a playable race. He especially likes praying mantises and ants. However, Ross HATES yellowjackets in real life for all the times they've stung him while doing yardwork. He wanted to add them to the game as a way to defeat them on our battlefield! If you feel the same way, these may be the perfect opponent for you!

Here are some examples of their animations: 

Scorpion Wasp                                                                  Mantis

Bug Bonanza

And, finally, the BUG BATTLE:

What do you think? Would you like to play as the Insectoids? Or, would you like to squash these bugs in game?!

Finally, any other insects we should include? Sound off here!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version