Develop with Ross - Episode 8 New Summoners

Author Topic: Develop with Ross - Episode 8 New Summoners  (Read 6441 times)

RossD20Studios

• Founder & Game Developer, D20Studios
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Develop with Ross - Episode 8 New Summoners
« on: February 26, 2019, 05:50:43 PM »
Develop with Ross - Episode 8: New Summoners

Hope you guys are as excited as I am for my development stream on Wednesday February 27th (9AM-11:30AM MT) on our Twitch channel. In this episode, I'll be implementing new Summoners and attempting to deliver them to you during the stream in what I hope will become our first successful OTA update.

Summoners are the hardest characters to design because they are your main character, and their core abilities (including what spell colors they can use) will be the foundation for your creative deck building. Possible powers have been simmering in my mind for some time and I've presented my most recent ideas here. My hope is to get your feedback during the stream, tune them appropriate and maybe get some inspiration for some of the characters still lacking designs.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 08:49:35 AM by RossD20Studios »

RossD20Studios

• Founder & Game Developer, D20Studios
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Develop with Ross - Episode 8 New Summoners
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 03:03:23 PM »
Thanks so much for attending the stream!

Together, we completed 6 new Summoners and successfully added them to the game with an OTA DLC update:
  • Clik'Clik, Impaler
  • Sibylla, Conjurer
  • Rugged Mage
  • D'Orc Slayer, Orc Chief
  • Serpenta Deceiver
  • Kailyn, Valkyrie Mage

I've updated the card images to reflect the player-suggested changes that I incorporated:
  • D'Orc Slayer's power of 5, reduced to 4, but we gave him the ability to summon a goblin whenever he attacks.
  • We removed Kailyn's gain 1 mana on attack in favor of making her completely disarm her enemy so that they can not attack until end of next turn.

We discussed some possibilities for Dark Elf Sorcerer. Here are some of the notes from my design backlog we can discuss further next time:
  • When you cast a Void or Arcane spell, enemy units get -1/-0 and ally units get +1/+0 until end of turn.
  • Summon Spiders when injured or after attacking
  • Could have some abilities that allow merging of spiders and dark elves to create mutations
  • Support: Sacrifice a spider to gain 1 mana.

Here are possible Warlock abilities:
  • When Chaos spell is cast, gain +1/+1
  • When Chaos spell is cast, Dreadnoughts get +1/+1 until end of turn.
  • Gain 1 mana when attacking (from Kaiyln's previous possible ability)

Here are possible Botanical Sage abilities:
  • Ally plants get +0/+3
  • Support: Summon Brambles next to an ally.
  • Inflict Poison

« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 03:26:41 PM by RossD20Studios »