Am I missing something? Help

Author Topic: Am I missing something? Help  (Read 4362 times)

Neg1123

• Elite
    • View Profile
Am I missing something? Help
« on: August 01, 2021, 01:00:06 PM »
Hello everyone Neg here, nice to meet you all.
Im wondering if im missing something because I die everytime in the first battle.

I played the Demo on steam and I loved the game from the start. I bought the game and I was trying to do some runs and have fun.
Im playing the adventure in normal difficulty. I enter the dungeon at the start of the run and the first "monster room" I go to is always a 7/11 dragon with some mobs or a 4/16 warrior with block , etc and Im a 3/5 champion with 3 cards who can barely manage to kill them, so I just die, retry  and go to another room where I get kill too. It is supposed to be that hard?  Im very used to roguelike card games and I understand the mechanics but I think Im missing something in this game. My runs are lasting around 3 mins and Im getting fustrated haha.
Can anyone help me?

Scribe

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Am I missing something? Help
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 01:18:08 PM »
Hi Neg,

Welcome to the community!  :D
The tutorial is not completely finished and misses one important explanation: the retreat button. It's at the very bottom-right corner of the screen, containing three little arrows pointing down. Each time you enter a battle, you get a chance to withdraw during your first turn. At the beginning of the game when your hero is still weak and your deck and team not fully built up, this is a mandatory strategy. You'll want to explore, find resources, build up strength, determine which party is the weakest to engage it first... and only then tackle tougher ones.
As you discover rooms with enemy parties, pay attention whether they contain a summoner or not, as they can play cards too and therefore be much stronger opponents. Besides the description on their card, you can spot summoners at their ornate lifebar. Also the icon on the map is different for rooms with summoners vs. rooms with regular units.

Enjoy!

P.S. If you're a discord user you'll find faster response time to your questions on the D20Studios channel: https://discord.gg/d20studios
Also, would you mind changing the title of your thread to make it easier for others in your situation to find this answer? Thanks!

Neg1123

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 01:22:54 PM »
Hello Scribe!

Thank you for the very quick response and for all the information!
I will try to use that and I will check discord too,  Thank you again :)

RossD20Studios

• Founder & Game Developer, D20Studios
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 01:28:20 PM »
Welcome to Summoners Fate, Neg! Thanks for calling out the Retreat feature, Scribe!

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. We'll get a tutorial in for the retreat command in a future build and adjust the UI to make it more obvious :D

Scribe

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Am I missing something? Help [resolved]
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2021, 12:44:25 AM »
The tip for retreat has been implemented with the latest build:
Latest Release: v0.47.1
Date Released: 8/26/2021
See the Release Notes: https://summonersfate.com/forums/index.php?topic=123.0