Character Ideas

Author Topic: Character Ideas  (Read 20440 times)

RossD20Studios

• Founder & Game Developer, D20Studios
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Character Ideas
« on: November 04, 2017, 09:17:29 PM »
Post Ideas for New, Individual Characters in This Thread

Do you have ideas for characters you'd like play in Summoners Fate? Tell us about them and feel welcome to share concept images, sketches and descriptions of their backstory and/or abilities. So that we can stay organized and keep track of all character suggestions, please use this thread to post your ideas for new characters.

If your idea extends beyond characters (ex: a series of game mechanics or an entire race of characters tied to a complete game expansion idea), please start a new thread instead so the details and coherency stick together.

swedishbear

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Character Ideas
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 10:57:00 PM »
Here comes some ideas for characters

Medusa (the Classic form, human with snakes instead of hair or a snakes body with human upperpart and snakes instead of hair) - Ability : Then attacked in the front she stuns the enemy for X turns (x is to be decided).

Werepeople, (I really liked the idea of the kid becoming a ghost). So I thought about werewolf turning from a human to a werewolf. But why stop with werewolf, why not a werebear, weretiger and so on. Perhaps having a character to be a werething and then randomly decide what kind of werecreature it is and they all have different abilities.

Another kind of character is the different hybrids of animal who is humanized like Catpeople and so on.

A basilisk, the medieval version (the front of the body is like a roaster and the back is like a snake).

More to come later

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 08:58:10 AM »
Medusa (the Classic form, human with snakes instead of hair or a snakes body with human upperpart and snakes instead of hair) - Ability : Then attacked in the front she stuns the enemy for X turns (x is to be decided).

Werepeople, (I really liked the idea of the kid becoming a ghost). So I thought about werewolf turning from a human to a werewolf. But why stop with werewolf, why not a werebear, weretiger and so on. Perhaps having a character to be a werething and then randomly decide what kind of werecreature it is and they all have different abilities.

Another kind of character is the different hybrids of animal who is humanized like Catpeople and so on.

A basilisk, the medieval version (the front of the body is like a roaster and the back is like a snake).

These are all excellent suggestions, SwedishBear! Clearly the medusa will need an appropriate petrification ability as you suggest that turns her enemies into stone. I also like the idea of werecreatures - and extending on that, the notion of the lycanthropy disease/curse that can afflict characters attacked by these creatures, transforming them at random and placing them in a feral and unpredictable state.

swedishbear

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 05:57:47 AM »
Here comes three new ideas

1. Celestial. Dvine Lamb. A lamb with 7 eyes and 7 horns. Ability, when attacked attacker must discard a card.

2. Wakandagi. An antlered beast who combines the features of an elegant deer and a slithering serpent. Ability : Spits waterbullets

3. Void. Draugr. And undead viking who has superstrength and can change size on will. Enjoys the pain it causes other. Ability: Then attacking, the attacked unit loses one attackpoint.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 06:01:05 AM by Swedishbear »

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 08:57:37 AM »
Awesome suggestions, Swedishbear, and thank you for including the nice concept images to go with them! The "discard" ability of the divine lamb is very interesting - and quite debilitating, given that players only have 3 cards and only draw at the end of turn ;)

swedishbear

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 03:44:27 AM »
Another three suggestions
1. Iron Golem. Ability : Decrease the incoming damage by 1 for each attack.

2. The Darkness. A shadow figure with two red glowing eyes. Ability : Can only be damaged by Celestial Characters and or Celestial spells.

3. The Living Wall. A wall who protects but doesn´t attack. Ability: Life 100, Attack 0

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 10:28:42 AM »
Thanks for the new suggestions, SwedishBear. The Darkness reminds me of shadow figures often sighted in conjunction with sleep paralysis. Is this something that inspired your idea?

swedishbear

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 11:20:39 AM »
Actually I was inspired from a Tvserie.
Want more?

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 08:20:41 PM »
Oh, interesting, what TV series?

Of course, your ideas are always welcome ;)

WayneWTP

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • WTP Music
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 06:29:26 AM »
With the game being turn-based the following idea may be difficult to program but I think it would be really cool.

I have visions of a ninja able to use walls and other objects to spring off and leap over other characters. He is armed with a dagger that doesn't do much damage unless he attacks someone from behind. Additionally he has shuriken that he can throw. But here's the challenging part; is it possible for him to be able to interrupt an opponent's move? I imagine him using an action to essentially "save" an action on overwatch. Then after each opposing action until the end of the turn he gets the opportunity to take that saves action but is limited to either a move or throw a shuriken.

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 09:27:17 AM »
@WayneWTP - Awesome ideas! We'll certainly do a ninja character. Programmatically, I'm less worried about the interrupt ability as I can handle this with our trigger system. It's actually the acrobatics that's larger scope since this would require a whole new series of art/animations to look effective.

Thank you for posting this!

WayneWTP

• Elite
    • View Profile
    • WTP Music
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 12:33:09 PM »
I also think that the Orcs could do with some Trolls to assist them. They would all be big and strong but you could also theme additional abilities around their habitat:

River Trolls: Can wade through otherwise impassible water obstacles

Mountain Trolls: Can hurl rocks as an additional option for offence

Marsh Trolls: Can camouflage and "disappear" whilst in cover

Cave Trolls: Can "burrow" (disappear from the map for a random number of turns so you don't know how long they'll be gone. But when they reappear they can choose to appear anywhere)

Forest Trolls: Can uproot a tree (removes the tree from the map and gives the Troll a damage bonus)

swedishbear

• Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 05:28:06 AM »
Some more ideas

Peryton. A mix between a deer and a bird. Abilities Flying and Feeding. Feeding = When killed a living unit the Peryton must pass X rounds to stand and eat.

Mothman. Perhaps another to the insectoids. Ability Flying

Ugallu. Lion-headed storm-demon and has the feet of a bird : Ability: None

Kami-Kiri. A birdlike creature with scissorlike claws.

Will o' the Wisp : Do I need to say more :)

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 01:52:44 PM »
I also think that the Orcs could do with some Trolls to assist them. They would all be big and strong but you could also theme additional abilities around their habitat:

River Trolls: Can wade through otherwise impassible water obstacles

Mountain Trolls: Can hurl rocks as an additional option for offence

Marsh Trolls: Can camouflage and "disappear" whilst in cover

Cave Trolls: Can "burrow" (disappear from the map for a random number of turns so you don't know how long they'll be gone. But when they reappear they can choose to appear anywhere)

Forest Trolls: Can uproot a tree (removes the tree from the map and gives the Troll a damage bonus)

We have a couple trolls designed so far: Mountain Troll and the Blue Troll (which probably looks like a River or Marsh Troll). You've got an interesting concept here with the ability to throw rocks/uproot trees. That would be a pretty fun power for the bigger trolls, to be able to interact with a boulder on the map and then throw it (both removing the obstacle and using it as a weapon).

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2017, 01:54:48 PM »
Some more ideas

Great suggestions, Swedishbear, and thanks for including all the cool pictures!

Mothman. Perhaps another to the insectoids. Ability Flying

This one is my favorite - I'm a huge fan of cryptids and this character in particular is very interesting and creepy.