Daily Updates

Author Topic: Daily Updates  (Read 301225 times)

KellyD20Studios

• Marketing & Community Manager, D20Studios
  • Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
Re: Daily Updates
« Reply #300 on: August 29, 2018, 06:33:47 PM »
Attack on the Bridge

Now THAT'S how you take down a troll, combo-style.  8)

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 02, 2018, 05:41:35 AM »
@ PAXWest 2018
We made it!

We are all set up in our booth at PAXWest. If you are attending Sunday or Monday, come check us out in the Indie Minibooth.

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 03, 2018, 07:25:56 AM »
Day 2 of PAXWest
Day 1 was AWESOME!  8) Ross will be writing up a great post-mortem, but here's a few videos and pics so far:

So many players stopped by to demo Summoners Fate! We were thrilled.

Let's play.

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 04, 2018, 07:54:36 PM »
Newsletter Sign Up
Make sure you don't miss any Summoners Fate content - including our Newsletter 1st Look Exclusive! - by subscribing to our monthly newsletter.

It's free and easy; just click here to sign up directly or visit SummonersFate.com

Character pictured: Knight

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 05, 2018, 02:30:13 PM »
Today our monthly newsletter went out with all kinds of exciting things! If you haven't signed up yet, be sure to do so. In the coming months, we'll begin extending invitations to join our closed pre-release playtesting. Subscribers will get priority picks ;)

Ross is back and excited to share his adventures at PAX West 2018 in the Indie MEGABOOTH with you! Check out his latest Dev Log 7: My experience at PAX West with Indie MEGABOOTH and why it was totally worth it.

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 11, 2018, 06:52:53 PM »
Indie MEGABOOTH posted their recap of the PAX West event today and it's our pleasure to share this with you: https://indiemegabooth.com/pax-west-2018-recap/

Special thanks to all the volunteers and sponsors that made this event possible. Welcome to all the new and existing D20Studios fans that got to meet Ross in person and play Summoners Fate. We are honored to be a part of this!

RossD20Studios

• Founder & Game Developer, D20Studios
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 13, 2018, 05:57:59 PM »
Behold the new and improved Sperl Squirrel!

Last night, I had the pleasure of attending our local Utah Indie Game Developer night meet-up and get some great feedback from fellow developers on the latest Summoners Fate build. The top fix that came out of this was a major improvement to the drag controls - players had discovered a bug that would prevent a seamless drag when selecting a character at the edge of its standing space with the mouse. As a result of the feedback, our controls are now a whole notch better!

I'm also pleased to share a major upgrade to our visual effects thanks to our friend Daniel Sperl, creator of the Starling framework, who just released an update to his particle extension. In situations where CPU bottlenecked and created low-frame rate, VFX would appear "staggered" instead of seamless. Several players recognized this effect in our early access (particularly with the conflagration spell). I'm happy to say, the new and improved "Sperl Squirrel" is ready to go!

RossD20Studios

• Founder & Game Developer, D20Studios
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 19, 2018, 08:16:16 PM »
Father vs. Son - a Tale of Two Dragons! (Skeleton dragons, that is!)

Greetings community!

I'm pleased to announce our latest pre-release build shall be launching soon. We're in the queue waiting for Apple review as I post. In celebration I'd like to take a moment to spotlight my son, Wesley, who helped out in testing and fixing bugs in preparation for the release.

Here's a replay of one of our father/son battles where Wesley managed to unleash his "master plan" of capturing my Skeleton dragon while controlling one of his own (Two dragons?!). It was a good fight, but dad didn't go easy on him and was able to use some clever maneuvering to take down the monstrous duo. It's a great example of the kind of exiting things that can happen during gameplay: the bonding between players, the outrageous and seemingly overpowered plays, and the depth of tactics that can be leveraged to overcome even the most dire situations.

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 21, 2018, 02:45:42 PM »
TGIF!
Sorry that we've been a bit quiet this week. I was out in Virginia for the week while Ross has been hard at work with meetings, programming, and handling everything else at the homefront. It was all going smoothly until Wednesday...

Our son was injured at school and it turned out he has a broken wrist. The last two day Ross was busy with doctor's visits, hospital visits, and surgery for our little guy. He's in pain, but he's healing now! It was also extra hard for our son and Ross since I was on the other side of the country and could not help them.  :'(

On the gamefront, here's a fun screenshot of the Liche King completely surrounded by a myriad of squirrels! Think he'll make it?

Hope you all are doing some fun gaming tonight!  8)

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 02:55:25 PM by KellyD20Studios »

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 23, 2018, 03:28:50 PM »
Autumn

Happy 1st Day of Fall from your friends at D20Studios!

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 29, 2018, 01:36:07 PM »
Screenshot Saturday
Maximize your Fireball damage by strategic placement.  ;)

« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 01:42:26 PM by KellyD20Studios »

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 02, 2018, 12:10:56 PM »
Our Summoners Fate monthly newsletter hits inboxes on Wednesday, October 3rd.

Make sure you don't miss any Summoners Fate content - including our Newsletter 1st Look Exclusive! - by subscribing to our monthly newsletter.

It's free and easy; visit SummonersFate.com

Characters pictured: Ironclad Soldiers

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 04, 2018, 12:09:14 PM »
With Halloween coming at the end of this month, we are featuring just some of our factions within our Horror race. Here you will meet our bloodied husks of humans, the Withereds. We also have our undead Mummies seeking vengeance. Finally, the stuff of night terrors and the reason you fear closing your eyes - some Nightmare creatures. Learn more about these and more here.

>> Keep your eyes out for a Halloween costume vote coming up mid-October for some of your favorite characters! You don't want to miss it.

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 06, 2018, 04:33:49 PM »
Screenshot Saturday

When battling Skeletons in the rain, don't be afraid to send your squirrel missile to smite your enemy.  ;D

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 08, 2018, 01:22:16 PM »
Deck Building on a Monday
Ross is back to developing the deck builder today. He's currently working on designing the sort options/filter modal. This is with all of the options toggled on. Here's a quick WIP snapshot: