Daily Updates

Author Topic: Daily Updates  (Read 301019 times)

KellyD20Studios

• Marketing & Community Manager, D20Studios
  • Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
Re: Daily Updates
« Reply #345 on: December 15, 2018, 03:29:46 PM »
Screenshot Saturday

This fun map provides lots of trees to hide behind (or transform into Treants to slap your enemies on the battlefield!). Also a snake - never turn your back on the snake.

(Name removed at the top for privacy)

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 16, 2018, 02:16:22 PM »
Show Your Support!
Come on out tonight at 7pm MT and support Alizigator on Twitch as she streams Summoners Fate again! Last Sunday was a blast  ;D  https://www.twitch.tv/alizigator

Want to see what timezone that is for you? Click here to view our handy Summoners Fate streaming calendar. See you there!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 06:49:35 PM by KellyD20Studios »

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 19, 2018, 02:17:03 PM »
Projectile Impact

While working on new cards for the upcoming build release, Ross made a change to improve projectile impact and make it feel more authentic. By having the projectile track the point of impact, it appears to "stick" in the body when the take damage animation is played.

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 22, 2018, 01:38:42 PM »
Now THAT'S How You Make An Entrance

The next build of Summoners Fate will introduce a new faction called the Cold Hearteds. It's a mashup of an Ice Queen Summoner paired with a team of bandits and assassins (with an equally interesting backstory). In this video, the Bandit Cutthroat makes her daring entrance throwing a knife into the belly of the Skeleton Giant.

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 23, 2018, 04:28:00 PM »
It's a "Cold Hearted" Christmas...And your presents have arrived!

(This is a message from Ross)

Greetings everyone!

I'm stoked to announce that our much anticipated Deck Editor feature for Summoners Fate will launch tonight to coincide with Liz (Alizigators) "Summoners Sunday" live stream tonight on Twitch. The event starts on Twitch at 7PM MT on Liz's channel here. Since everyone is in different timezones, you can sign-up in advance using our handy calendar which should present the event in our local time zone. Let us know you're coming.

If you would like to play the build with us during the Stream, join our Discord and send a message to me (@RossD20Studios) so I can provide you with download instructions.

For tonight's event, we're playing exclusively on PC so I can patch in the event of any issues. Per popular demand, we're rolling this build out early knowing that we couldn't test every possible card combinations' impact to build stability, though we have done a thorough smoke test and fixed everything we can to ensure a smooth experience. For those already participating in our early access, I will have a full list of change notes available shortly.

Meet the Cold Hearteds
Jump right into battle with our new faction: the "Cold Hearteds". They are a gang of bandits and assassins led by Cora the Ice Queen, a summoner with the power to command the cold. Joining her in battle is the Assassin, who introduces tension building stealth mechanics to combat, and the Bandit Leader, who uses her seasoned experience to bolster your forces and her own fighting ability alike. An arsenal of appropriately "cold and cruel" spells compliments this new faction with abilities that will surprise and decimate your opponents.

A small taste of what you can expect from this eclectic group!

Just how awesome will deck building be?
Very awesome! So awesome that your mind will explode contemplating the numerous teams you can assemble, the synergies of the cards, and the most satisfying and creative ways to win. If you're familiar with my design style, you know I don't waste time with filler. If a card isn't amazing, I go back to the drawing board until I find that special place where it puts a smile on my face to see it draw from the deck into my hand.

The deck builder design itself is the culmination of many restless hours, and quite possibility, it's the only one of its kind in existence that seamlessly supports both portrait and landscape modes. The user interface can be handled with just one hand, if need be, for those inopportune moments when creativity strikes you.

I'm particularly proud of our Deck Editor's ability to let you see and edit your entire deck at a glance without having to scroll. Then, for the more detail oriented folks that like to "spread out their cards on the mattress" to consider what needs to be taken out or put in, there is an inspect mode that lets you see the cards laid out in a nice, sortable interface where you can see the full cards.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 04:29:39 PM by KellyD20Studios »

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 24, 2018, 10:30:26 AM »
FA-LA-LA-LA-LA, LA-LA-Slap-Slap

Goblin tried to make it into a Christmas Treant, with slappy results.

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 25, 2018, 08:43:30 AM »
Happy Holidays  ;D

RossD20Studios

• Founder & Game Developer, D20Studios
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 27, 2018, 06:33:21 PM »
Hello friends!

My little Christmas vacation with the family was quite enjoyable. We had a memorable time with our kids at home watching them open their gifts and spent the day watching movies, playing games, and building a ~700 piece Halo aircraft out of legos. I hope all of our play testers have been enjoying the deck editor update.

The past couple days I've been doing some audio work for Summoners Fate including support for musical transitions, ambient environment, and the audio mixer so players can control all their preferences in the options. Behold this oh-so-glorious screenshot of the new fully functional (with engineer art) audio mixer:

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 29, 2018, 11:51:12 AM »
Screenshot Saturday!
Shot for a recent great game between Ross and littleLionMan. Did you know Summoners Fate can be played in Portrait mode as well?  ;D

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 30, 2018, 06:50:44 PM »
Summoners Streaming Soon!
In about 15 minutes, Alizigator will be doing her weekly stream of Summoners Fate! Come out and support her and us >> https://www.twitch.tv/alizigator

Want to see what timezone that is for you? Click here to view our handy Summoners Fate streaming calendar. See you there!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 06:52:51 PM by KellyD20Studios »

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 01, 2019, 07:16:15 AM »
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2018 saw a lot of amazing progress in Summoners Fate, and so much of that is because of your support. We are so excited for all the plans we have to for 2019. Here's to a fantastic new year!

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 05, 2019, 05:34:16 PM »
Amazing AI Turn
Summoners Fate has an amazing AI that allows it to determine the tactical value of complex cards that can change unit positions and create devastating combos. Here's an example of a stellar AI turn where Zenon the Arch Mage chains together several such moves:

RossD20Studios

• Founder & Game Developer, D20Studios
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 06, 2019, 12:27:20 PM »
Greetings Summoners Fate fans!

Some exciting announcements today. First up, we've got another super-fun Summoners Sunday stream tonight at 7PM with our friend Liz (Alizigator) that you can watch on her Twitch stream.

Second, taking inspiration from our community, I've decided to host a developer stream on Wednesday this week and give you all a chance to see first-hand the editor tools we've created for building content and take part in a LIVE design/develop session and implement your card ideas within the game during the stream. You won't want to miss it!

« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 09:05:04 PM by KellyD20Studios »

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 08, 2019, 01:54:36 PM »
Summoners Fate Battle Music by Albert Fernández Ventura

You may recall Albert from our Kickstarter campaign. He composed the winning track of our trailer music competition for the Kickstarter campaign and we're excited to share his latest track for our in-game battle music.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 02:49:08 PM by KellyD20Studios »

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 09, 2019, 10:19:54 AM »
Ross Streaming Live NOW
Founder of D20Studios, Ross Przybylski, is streaming live NOW: > https://www.twitch.tv/d20studios <

Take part in a LIVE design/develop session & apply your card ideas within Summoners Fate during the stream. Don't miss it!  ;) Show your support and your creativity. Join the stream now.