Daily Updates

Author Topic: Daily Updates  (Read 301023 times)

KellyD20Studios

• Marketing & Community Manager, D20Studios
  • Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
Re: Daily Updates
« Reply #360 on: January 12, 2019, 07:14:37 PM »
Skeletons!  ;D
This shot was from a recent game Ross played with che420. After summoning all these skeletons, he was certain he would win.

...he lost!

che420 was able to summon 2 Yetis and defeat him in a combo-riddled battle. The lesson - it ain't over until it's over.  ;)

We'll be releasing a video of that defeat soon, check back later this week!

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 15, 2019, 09:06:59 AM »
Develop with Ross - Episode 2 Streaming Live on Twitch tomorrow, Wednesday, January 16 at 9AM-11:30AM MT

Last week, Ross took our "community driven development" philosophy to the next level with the kick-off of his first developer stream where he implemented player-suggested card ideas LIVE for viewers. Join him again tomorrow for Episode 2 where he'll be implementing several more cards for the upcoming prerelease build and would love to get your input on the process. You can sign up for the event here and you'll be able to watch it LIVE on our Twitch channel tomorrow here.

Here's a few highlight clips from last week's developer stream:

One of our stream viewers suggested that our Acolyte character scream "Witness me!" upon his death to buff his allies. I was happy to oblige and implement this effect live during my first developer Twitch stream.

Yes, I occasionally do my own audio work. In this example, I record the sound effects for our Acolyte saying "Witness me!" upon his defeat.

Never one to shy from a challenge, I accepted one of our Twitch stream viewers proposal to construct a chain lightning spell card - one of the most complex card mechanics I've attempted. In consideration of the potential pitfalls (such as infinite recursion with the chains) I enthusiastically suggest we go ahead and try that so we can see and learn from what happens.

With the implementation work complete, we have some fun testing the capabilities of our latest spell card: Chain Lightning. As the lightning chains from one target to the next closest visible enemy at the impact point, it turns out this ability can allow you to "chain" to hit enemies hiding behind walls (assuming you can connect the dots).

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 16, 2019, 09:00:08 AM »
Develop with Ross - Episode 2: Let's make some more cards!

From Ross: I am streaming live NOW: > https://www.twitch.tv/d20studios <

For those joining my development stream on Wednesday January 16th (9AM-11:30AM MT) on our Twitch channel I've put together this sampling of cards I plan to implement. If you've got other ideas you'd like me to try during the stream, feel welcome to post them here.

Don't miss it!  ;) Show your support and your creativity. Join the stream now.

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 23, 2019, 09:00:15 AM »
Develop with Ross - Episode 3: Player Ideas Brought to Life!

I am streaming live NOW: > https://www.twitch.tv/d20studios <

For those joining my development stream on Wednesday January 23th (9AM-11:30AM MT) on our Twitch channel here are the cards I plan to implement during the stream. These cards were inspired by player ideas that we discussed the past week on our Discord channel.

Don't miss it!  ;) Show your support and your creativity. Join the stream now.

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 25, 2019, 12:31:29 PM »
Cliffhanger screenshot concluded...

Skeletons!  ;D
This shot was from a recent game Ross played with che420. After summoning all these skeletons, he was certain he would win.

...he lost!

che420 was able to summon 2 Yetis and defeat him in a combo-riddled battle. The lesson - it ain't over until it's over.  ;)

And now the conclusion...

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 28, 2019, 12:08:37 PM »
Character Feature:  Acheri
You've seen her in action; now learn more about this powerful creature because if you are building a Void deck, you're definitely going to want her on your team (and her teddy bear, too).

About Acheri:
> Void spell
> Taunt: Adjacent enemies must attack taunters first.
> Downfall: Triggers effect when defeated.
   - Her Downfall is she transforms into a 5/7 screaming Banshee! With that transformation, she gains:
           > Flying: May move over units and traps.
           > Warcry: Triggers effect when entering the battlefield.
                   - In the Banshee's case, all enemies will get Power -2 until the end of next turn.

Acheri will be selectable as a guardian (protector of your Summoner that begins gameplay on the board). Her taunt ability makes her effective early on as a protector for your Summoner or other units you may wish to draw enemy attacks away from. Then, after being defeated, the Banshee emerges to cripple your opponents attack power and leave them vulnerable for counter attack.

*Fun fact: The lovely scream you hear in the video of the Banshee was provided by yours truly  ;)

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 30, 2019, 10:00:55 AM »
I am streaming live NOW: > https://www.twitch.tv/d20studios <

Join the Summoners Fate Dev Stream now going until 12:30am PT on our Twitch channel. Show your support, listen as I share game dev tips, and suggest new content!

RossD20Studios

• Founder & Game Developer, D20Studios
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 01, 2019, 04:58:24 PM »
Summoners Fate Prerelease Available on February 6th, 2019

With great passion and excitement:

The Summoners Fate prerelease will be available for purchase on our game’s website on Wednesday, February 6th.

The price will be $29.99 and includes access to the game on all supported platforms (Windows, Mac, iOS and Android). Currently supported features include deck building with over 170 implemented cards and real-time turn-based combat versus player and AI. Our ever-changing single player adventures are still being developed and will be added in a future update. Prerelease players will receive access to all game content as its being developed as well as entitlements to the full release content when the game launches officially.

I’m sure you have many questions, so I’ve put together this handy FAQ about the prerelease. Please let me know if you have other questions I can answer. I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield with me next week!

~Ross
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 05:03:36 PM by RossD20Studios »

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 05, 2019, 01:40:53 PM »
D20Studios Developer Spotlight on A-Tech Gaming

I hope you're all excited as I am for the prerelease launch of Summoners Fate tomorrow. Certainly, our new friend Mike Lane at A-Tech Gaming is, and it's my pleasure to share his recent write-up about us on his website here. I met Mike last year at Dreamhack Atlanta and had the honor of speaking with him about our game and his amazing community of gamers at A-Tech who play games to support charity.

Special Stream Event - A-Tech and Ross from D20Studios
I have plans to join Mike's stream this Friday at 7PM MT where I'll talk about the game as he plays through. Details and sign-up for the Stream here.

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 06, 2019, 09:11:01 AM »
Prerelease NOW AVAILABLE!

And we're kicking off the fun with another Develop with Ross episode, LIVE NOW on Twitch.

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 08, 2019, 07:09:55 PM »
Streaming Live with A-Tech Gaming
Come join us on Twitch!

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 13, 2019, 08:59:30 AM »
Develop with Ross - Episode 6
Incorporating Player Gameplay Balance Feedback

In today's develop stream, we're addressing gameplay balance feedback from our prerelease player community. Watch the stream live on Twitch here.

Interested in playing the game before the release? Prerelease Available Here

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 14, 2019, 10:53:12 AM »
Community Spotlight: Maltross

Today it's our pleasure to share this player-created introduction to Summoners Fate created by one of our community members, Maltross. Maltross has been a D20Studios fan since our first game, Hero Mages. He regularly engages in our development discussions and likes to stream Summoners Fate on his Twitch channel. Lately, Maltross has been experimenting with our deckbuilder and creating some pretty interesting synergies that take advantage of our Downfall mechanic.

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 15, 2019, 01:30:03 PM »
D20Studios to showcase at UDEN #21
Hosted by Game Tyrant Gaming Center in North Salt Lake, UT

As a proud Utah-based game developer, I'm excited to share I'll be showcasing Summoners Fate at the next UDEN meeting on February 27th. UDEN is a trade group dedicated to supporting digital entertainment industry in Utah and is head up by some truly exceptional individuals I have the honor of knowing: Jon Dean and Jeff Peters. When I do talks about the game industry, I'll speak about a philosophy of "Give to Grow" as the spirit of entrepreneurial success. Well, these two individuals embody that spirit like no other, giving so much of their time and energy to supporting others through mentorship and creating opportunities for networking and collaboration with UDEN.

If you're a fellow resident of Utah and haven't yet had the pleasure of attending a UDEN meeting, I highly encourage you check this out. It's the perfect place to make a connection in the industry. I'll be there showcasing Summoners Fate and would love to meet you.

Details and RSVP information available here.

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 20, 2019, 09:00:08 AM »
Prerelease NOW AVAILABLE!

And we're kicking off the fun with another Develop with Ross episode, LIVE NOW on Twitch.