Daily Updates

Author Topic: Daily Updates  (Read 301016 times)

RossD20Studios

• Founder & Game Developer, D20Studios
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Daily Updates
« Reply #375 on: February 26, 2019, 06:08:49 PM »
New Build, Lots 'O Changes and New Summoners on the Docket for Tomorrows Develop with Ross

Hi everyone!

Big update today: Build v0.30.1 is now live on all platforms! In this build, I focused on addressing all of the player feedback we've received so far during our prerelease including numerous bug fixes, balance changes and added some new cards. For the full details, click here to read the release notes.

Second big update: On tomorrow's episode of Develop with Ross, I'll be making new Summoners - our signature character types that represent the foundation for your creative deck building. These are among the hardest characters to design for that reason. I've got my current concept ideas posted here for you to check out here and I'm looking forward to you joining me on the stream to collaborate on the designs and get them implemented. Added bonus: I aim to deliver these to the game during the stream in what I hope will be our first successful OTA update and maybe play a game or two with you to test them out.

Third thing: Peter and I will be showcasing Summoners Fate at UDEN#21. If you're local in Utah, join us 6PM at Game Tyrant in North Salt Lake. Details here.

KellyD20Studios

• Marketing & Community Manager, D20Studios
  • Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 27, 2019, 09:02:25 AM »
Prerelease NOW AVAILABLE!

And we're kicking off the fun with another Develop with Ross episode, LIVE NOW on Twitch.

In today's episode, we're designing new Summoners and attempting to deliver new game content OTA. Should be a lot of fun!

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 28, 2019, 12:08:36 PM »
UDEN #21 Showcase

Last night Peter and I showcased at UDEN#21 at Game Tyrant in North Salt Lake. Utah is an awesome place to work in the game industry because we've got great community and support from groups like UDEN that hooked us up with a free expo at this amazing venue. Check out some of our highlights.

This incredible dragon statue and Peter posing in front of our signage.

Jon Dean, former EA GM and head chairmen of UDEN talking up the excellent prospects of Utah's digital industry.

Attendees playing the game

New fans!

And me, excited to meet so many awesome people!

Learn more about the event and UDEN here.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 12:14:10 PM by RossD20Studios »

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 03, 2019, 01:27:18 PM »
Play as a Valkyrie. Or a Fennec Fox. We like choices.

Visit https://SummonersFate.com to learn more.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 01:34:16 PM by KellyD20Studios »

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 04, 2019, 12:08:12 PM »

Meet Clik'Clik, a praying mantis inspired Summoner that we added to our prerelease last week on our Develop with Ross Twitch stream. Insectoids are among our many weird and interesting playable characters in the game. We like weird. Interested in playing the game before it's released? Head to our website to purchase the game and join our amazing community.

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 05, 2019, 02:12:26 PM »

Tonight Ross will be appearing as a guest on Alizigator's weekly Summoners Fate stream. Join us starting 7PM MT on Twitch on Liz's channel here.

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 06, 2019, 09:00:10 AM »
Develop with Ross Episode 9 - Single Player FIRST LOOK

Hey everyone! We're going live on Twitch now with episode 9. Today, I'll be creating and adding new cards to the game, making a few balance tweaks, and, for the first time, showing off our single player development.

Watch LIVE on Twitch here.

Here's a recap of last week's episode:

We completed 6 new Summoners and successfully added them to the game with an OTA DLC update:
  • Clik'Clik, Impaler
  • Sibylla, Conjurer
  • Rugged Mage
  • D'Orc Slayer, Orc Chief
  • Serpenta Deceiver
  • Kailyn, Valkyrie Mage

I've updated the card images to reflect the player-suggested changes that I incorporated:
  • D'Orc Slayer's power of 5, reduced to 4, but we gave him the ability to summon a goblin whenever he attacks.
  • We removed Kailyn's gain 1 mana on attack in favor of making her completely disarm her enemy so that they can not attack until end of next turn.

We discussed some possibilities for Dark Elf Sorcerer. Here are some of the notes from my design backlog we can discuss further next time:
  • When you cast a Void or Arcane spell, enemy units get -1/-0 and ally units get +1/+0 until end of turn.
  • Summon Spiders when injured or after attacking
  • Could have some abilities that allow merging of spiders and dark elves to create mutations
  • Support: Sacrifice a spider to gain 1 mana.

Here are possible Warlock abilities:
  • When Chaos spell is cast, gain +1/+1
  • When Chaos spell is cast, Dreadnoughts get +1/+1 until end of turn.
  • Gain 1 mana when attacking (from Kaiyln's previous possible ability)

Here are possible Botanical Sage abilities:
  • Ally plants get +0/+3
  • Support: Summon Brambles next to an ally.
  • Inflict Poison

Check out the other Summoner cards here.

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 11, 2019, 12:17:29 PM »
Be happy like an imp playing with fire.

Buy the Summoners Fate prerelease now: SummonersFate.com
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 12:19:00 PM by KellyD20Studios »

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 12, 2019, 12:12:08 PM »
Get to know our Armored Squirrel.   ;D

We like weird. Buy Summoners Fate prerelease now on SummonersFate.com.

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 13, 2019, 04:28:35 PM »
NEW DLC NOW LIVE (v0.31.3)

Greetings everyone!

Today I did not 1, but 2 developer streams! Well, I had to because I left my first attempt on a cliffhanger, and I really wanted to deliver some new cards to our prerelease players today. That being said, new DLC is now LIVE (v0.31.3) - just boot up the game and you'll discover some new cards waiting for you including:

Dark Elf Sorcerer (New Summoner) <- A necromancer that can drain life and heal allies
Antarus, Battle Mage (New Summoner) <- He can make all damage spells cause knockback!
Your Soul Is Mine <- A pre-emptive necromancy spell
Celestial Barrier <- Equipment that lets you block magical projectiles, matrix style!

Plus a whole bunch of balance changes, read details here.

The episode recordings are up on our YouTube channel, or just watch below!

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 15, 2019, 10:04:45 AM »
Summoners Fate is Going to PAX East!

We're an official selection of the Indie MEGABOOTH! We'll be showcasing on Saturday and Sunday 10AM-6PM in the MINIBOOTH. Come and meet us, play our PAX demo and have an awesome time!

Here's Summoners Fate in the IMB lineup trailer!

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 18, 2019, 02:05:46 PM »
Single Player Update

Wanted to share a concept I'm exploring for our single player everchanging adventures - the dungeon minimap! Initially, I'd considered linear-only dungeons, but I'm seeing the potential for a lot of added value being able to explore a dungeon room-by-room, particularly when coupled with calculated decisions to avoid major threats and find alternative paths to achieving an objective.

We like weird.
We've also been exploring new ways to help get attention on our on-going prerelease efforts. Kelly and I came up with this concept of "We like weird" and have been exploring ways to showcase how the characters and mechanics you encounter in Summoners Fate will be unique and stand-out from other games. Here's our latest creation, what do you think?

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 19, 2019, 06:42:59 PM »
Develop with Ross - Episode 11: 8 Awesome Cards to Make

I've got another developer stream planned for tomorrow Wednesday March 20th (9AM-11:30AM MT) on our Twitch channel Our community Discord helped me decided the following agenda of cards for tomorrow. Maybe I went ahead and threw in a few I wanted as well ;)

In addition, I'll also be implementing the following balance changes:
  • Increase cost of Swarm from 3 -> 4
  • Decrease cost of Your Soul is Mine from 4 -> 3

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 20, 2019, 07:58:45 AM »
Streaming Game Development NOW!

Streaming game development of Summoners Fate NOW on Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/d20studios. Today I'll be programming the Dragon Hatcher card along with several other exciting selections from our Discord community.

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 27, 2019, 07:57:45 AM »
Develop with Ross - Episode 12

Staring our development stream NOW on our Twitch channel Today I'll be making another DLC update before I head off to PAX East. Here's the cards I'll be working on:

In addition, I'll also be implementing the following balance changes:
  • Change Sibylla's ally boost power so it only works on summoned units, not starting guardians.
  • Decrease Skeleton Hounds starting stats from 2/3 to 1/1
  • Increase Soul Harvester's life from 5 -> 6