Daily Updates

Author Topic: Daily Updates  (Read 301209 times)

KellyD20Studios

• Marketing & Community Manager, D20Studios
  • Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
Re: Daily Updates
« Reply #405 on: May 14, 2019, 11:31:47 AM »

I met a Treant in Las Vegas!

RossD20Studios

• Founder & Game Developer, D20Studios
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 15, 2019, 07:51:05 AM »
Develop with Ross - Episode 17: A Touch of Divine

And we're kicking off the fun with another Develop with Ross episode, LIVE at 9AM MT on Twitch.

In this Episode:
Last week, we walked on the wild side and ended without successfully completely the "Savage Transformation" card that turns you into a bear. After some more time debugging, I got it working and saw how the Limbo effect created could be used for Time spells. This week, we'll show that off, then get to work making some new Celestial themed spells.

Interested in playing Summoners Fate before it's out?
Check out our Prerelease.

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 27, 2019, 08:34:36 AM »
Goblins don't like fire.

Our Meteor Shower spell is getting kicked up a notch in the next build. Barrage a massive AOE and take delight in devastating the battlefield and your unfortunate victims. Turn up the volume on this one to hear the little goblin screams.

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 31, 2019, 02:30:02 PM »
Ross is presenting at Dreamhack Dallas at 4:30pm CT: https://www.twitch.tv/dreamhackindies

Check it out - we'd definitely appreciate your support  ;D

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 02, 2019, 04:11:38 PM »
Here's some player feedback that Ross & Peter compiled from their visit to Dreamhack Dallas 2019! We are psyched that so many people really responded with our graphics, our diversity, and our...weird!  ;D :o 8)

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 06, 2019, 05:11:15 PM »
Live NOW: Faxxius - Greek God of Streaming @Faxxius - an awesome streamer we met at #dreamhackdallas is streaming #summonersfate now on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/faxxius  Come enjoy some #turnbased #strategy #tacticalrpg #ccg #deckbuilder

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 08, 2019, 12:15:16 PM »
Hello everyone ! I've got some great news to share about our upcoming build. Our release has been held up due to a series of bugs that vastly increased the loading time of the build (particularly on iOS) - I was seeing upwards of 2 minutes to boot the tutorial after logging in (over 2x the delay from last build, which was also completely unacceptable boot time). Peter and I have been working around the clock, even while at Dreamhack in the hotel trying to debug and resolve the issue. Finally, after multiple tests this morning reverting back older versions, I tracked down the cause and made an incredible discovery. The cause was creation of "defs" that ultimately define all object attributes. Well, I had wrongly assumed these were trivial to create, but after our big data model update (with nested/recursion) this doubled our load time. So, I ran a quick test to object pool definitions so they'd only ever be created once, and BAM! Cold boot time dropped to 20 seconds. That's 2.5 faster than previous build. I'm certain with some more optimization, I can get that into the optimal boot of < 7 seconds. Of course, there's still a bunch of work to fix all the bugs this optimization now causes, but it's incredibly encouraging to have found the cause and we can now work quickly towards a solution. Thanks so much for your patience and being there to support us on our journey together!

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 12, 2019, 07:54:08 AM »
Develop with Ross - Episode 18: Test with Wes

We're back from Dreamhack Dallas and excited to kick off another Develop with Ross episode, LIVE at 9AM MT on Twitch.

In this Episode:
We're one bug fix away from releasing the next client build. Today, I'll be inviting my son, Wesley, to join the stream and help playtest and track down the bug. You'll get to see some of the exciting new cards and features in the upcoming build. We'll also talk about some of our breakthroughs in the single player campaign design. And, if we've got time to spare, I'll be creating a couple new floor trap cards.

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 13, 2019, 02:42:14 PM »
Summoners Fate Build v0.32.1 Now Available on PC, Mac, Android and iOS!

Hey everyone! I'm excited to announce that our latest client build is now available for download for all prerelease players. This is a MASSIVE update that includes over 30 new cards and characters, several new player requested features, tons of bug and gameplay fixes, and more!

Haven't purchased the prerelease yet? Now is a great time to pick up the game and join our growing player community. I'd love to get your feedback and hear what you think as we make the final push for procedural single player and WW release.

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 17, 2019, 01:24:57 PM »
Originality and Choice: Design Insights We Learned at Dreamhack Dallas 2019

We discovered some awesome ways to improve our single player campaign for Summoners Fate at Dreamhack Dallas. Read about it in our featured Gamasutra blog here.

Also featured on our Summoners Fate dev log here.

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 18, 2019, 03:43:33 PM »
Peter and I were just discussing how we will incorporate choice dialogs as a way to add more role-playing in the single player so it's not all just combat. Here's an example:

Bandits threaten you on the road, demanding you pay a toll of 50 gold. What do you decide?

A) Pay them (Lose 50 gold) - Choice unavailable if you do not have enough gold.
B) Intimidate them (Roll 13 or higher on a 1D20 + Your Power)
If roll fails, they attack you and get first turn.
C) Attack! You get first turn.

Peter's hilarious response: There's a great pay-to-win option right there.  ;D
In all seriousness, we're excited to add meaningful choice (without the real-life pay-to-win, Peter  8))

Today I vamped up the tools for our Encounter system and got it so that we can test individual encounters directly within our level editor. Tomorrow, I'm hoping to get a first iteration of our card-choosing mechanic functional.

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 19, 2019, 08:39:46 AM »
Kicking off a Developer Stream NOW!

Today, I create new starter decks that will become new AI opponents players will be able to battle following our DLC update during the stream. Watch it here: https://www.twitch.tv/d20studios

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 26, 2019, 08:29:38 AM »
Developer Stream Episode 20

Our team's animator/art lead Peter Jones joins me on our development stream today. We'll be making some new cards, pushing out another DLC update, and discussing updates to our single player design. We welcome the community to participate, share your ideas, and shape the development of Summoners Fate!

Watch it here: https://www.twitch.tv/d20studios

KellyD20Studios

• Administrator
  • Choose Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 29, 2019, 04:00:27 PM »
Check it out - we're live at 5:00pm MT on https://www.twitch.tv/streamslc playing #SummonersFate with the awesome folks at StreamSLC!

We'd love your support! Let's do some squirrel-hurling  ;D

RossD20Studios

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 01, 2019, 03:34:43 PM »

Hey guys! I'm excited to share that we'll be featured on tomorrow's episode of the Kat & Kermit show at 3PM PT Tuesday July 2nd (approximately 23.5 hours from now) You'll be able to watch us on Twitch and Mixer on their channels https://mixer.com/TurboPlay and
https://www.twitch.tv/turboplaylive respectively. Special thanks to our friends @kat Snow and @Kermit . They'll be doing a developer interview with me and playing some multiplayer games. Who shall triumph? Find out tomorrow  ;)