Author Topic: Gameplay Ideas  (Read 90 times)

Scribe

• Elite
    • View Profile
Gameplay Ideas
« on: June 30, 2018, 08:35:44 AM »
This thread is for people to propose ideas on additional gameplay features.

As explained in http://summonersfate.com/forums/index.php?topic=57.0, gameplay encompasses the following:
  • type of player (human, standard A.I., other A.I. levels?)
  • number of players of each type per game, and whether fixed or not (reinforcements)
  • type of game (cooperation, opposition, race...)
  • type of player interaction (live, async, de-sync, auto-adapting...)
  • starting conditions (number of characters, deck size, limitations...)
  • event triggers (number of turns before reinforcements, etc.)
  • victory conditions (today's defeat the other Summoner, or defeat the whole party, rout the enemy, survive a number of turns...)
  • types of in-game actions possible (adding wall spike capability was the latest addition)
  • etc.
With your description please also propose a Development Priority level with the rationale supporting it (also refer to the post linked above for guidance).

Looking forward to your ideas!

Scribe

• Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Gameplay Ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 08:47:54 AM »
As usual, let me start with an example.

Proposed gameplay feature: Rout
The idea is that the opponent's team does not simply disappear when the opponent summoner is defeated. They instead rout. The opponent's units are then in disarray and cannot be controlled any more (if the said opponent is a player). They flee towards the nearest exit: the border of the battlefield if open (i.e. not a wall), the next door, etc. Only if someone stands between them and that exit point will they attack him, and this only until the path gets clear (enemy defeated or moved away), or until another path as short gets clear (for instance as teh result of being knocked back, or moved by a gravity spell). If the battlefield is an enclosed space, the units will flee their opponents, always moving to the farthest space from any enemy.

Proposed Development Priority: 5
There is no reason for giving this higher priority. It would only add to the fun, keeping the game interesting in the long run as it renews itself. This could also open a few interesting new situations, based on how many opponent units do manage to flee. For instance in a single-player campaign they main regroup in the next room, making it tougher if you did not properly cleanse the previous room from opponents. Or there could be player vs player challenges based on trying to let as few units flee as possible, from the same starting point.