Daily Updates

Author Topic: Daily Updates  (Read 134438 times)

RossD20Studios

• Founder & Game Developer, D20Studios
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Daily Updates
« Reply #450 on: February 02, 2021, 10:26:23 AM »
And so the prophecy foretold, a future generation of D20Studios developers would rise up and do great things... Ross's son Wesley and Peter's son Michael create a game together in their first game jam!

Ancient Blade

For those who aren't familiar, a game jam is an event where participants are challenged to create an entire game over a short period of time (in this case 48 hours) that meets a particular theme. For this year's Global Game Jam, the theme was "Lost and Found". My son Wesley pitched, designed and programmed "Ancient Blade". He worked remotely with a team member (Peter's son Michael) who created artwork for the game per the asset list defined in his game design document. Throughout the event, he took feedback from industry professionals and applied this to improve his game with each iteration.

I was in awe to see how fast his young mind works and how passionately he embraced the challenges he encountered to make his game the best he could. While it's no secret Wesley looks up to me and wants to be a game developer like his daddy, in these moments watching him, he was my inspiration and role-model to aspire to.

Play Ancient Blade at: https://globalgamejam.org/2021/games/ancient-blade-3